The Blue Edition is a bookshop based in the Eastern region of the Caribbean island, Trinidad. Primarily, The Blue Edition declares a commitment to Caribbean quality which is depicted as the image ‘blue’.
Specialists in Caribbean Culture and Arts Education, The Blue Edition has a vested interest in preserving and promoting Caribbean heritage. The Blue Edition’s portfolio includes material for
- Music education: exam books and material for Trinity and Royal School exams, method books for both young and adult beginners and music charts
- Caribbean Culture: History, food, language, arts and religion
- Accessories: Pan sticks and music stands
Vision and Mission
The Blue Edition aims to be a front-runner in Caribbean Culture and Heritage by
- Becoming a viable source for music supplies throughout Trinidad and Tobago.
- Promoting visibility of locally produced work
- Providing a much-needed community space, where readings, discussions, storytelling and performance events are hosted to stimulate enquiry, innovation and reading
Brand and Values
The Blue Edition is committed to
- Caribbean quality
- Preserving the cultural heritage of Trinidad and Tobago and by extension, the Caribbean
- Growing and developing local resource material by encouraging local writers to publish their own work.